Any FTP Client that supports FTPS (FTP over SSL) can be used to upload files to our servers.
We recommended using FileZilla. FileZilla is free and is supported on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It allows you to see a list of all files you have on the FTP server and provides detailed errors allowing you to easily troubleshoot any problems you run into. It is better to use FileZilla than the FTP feature built into a web development program.
- Username: Your Misk.com Username
- Password: Your FTP Password (Different from your Misk.com account password and can be reset via Change FTP Password)
- Hostname / Address: ftp.misk.com
- Port: 990 (implicit encryption) OR 21 (explicit encryption)
- SSL/TLS Encryption: Enabled
Directory / Path / Folder Name
Certain programs may ask for the specific folder name to publish to. You will need to enter your domain name /example.com as this folder name.
You must use a client like FileZilla (free), which supports SSL to upload your website to our servers. Keep in mind that we use FTPS (FTP over SSL), which is different from SFTP (FTP over SSH). Secure FTP connections are necessary to protect your login information and help prevent the spread of malware and other unauthorized uploads to your website.
Having Trouble Uploading?
See our Troubleshooting FTP Problems guide.