Wix is an online website builder. Connect your domain to your Wix site by following the steps below.
Step 1: Add Domain to Wix
- Login to Wix
- Click Settings (located on the left side menu)
- Click Domains
- Click Connect a domain you already own
Connecting a domain to Wix is part of their premium service. If you see a message from Wix to upgrade to a premium plan, follow their instructions to select a plan and upgrade. Then go through these steps again to connect your domain
- Enter your Domain Name
- At the bottom, change the Connection Method to Pointing
- Confirm the Pointing selection
- Click Next
- Wix will provide CNAME / A records to point the domain to them. Continue to step 2.
Step 2: Create DNS Records
- Open a new browser window, leaving this window open with Wix for later
- In the new window, Login to your Control Panel at https://www.misk.com/cp/
- Click on your Domain Name
- Under Essentials in the top area, click Website
- Select CNAME / Hostname
- Enter the CNAME record value Wix provided for the www in Step 1 as the Hostname
- Click Advanced Settings
Enter the A record ip address Wix provided for the non-www in Step 1 as the Custom Root Domain IP
- Click Save
Step 3: Complete Setup at Wix
- Go back to the browser window with Wix
- Double check the dns values match what you just entered in your Misk.com Control Panel
- Click Verify Connection to complete the setup
Reference Link: Wix
How Long will the Change Take?
DNS changes are made immediately and in realtime across our nameservers. However, due to dns record caching by internet service providers, it may take a few hours for everyone to see the changes.