Search engines and website visitors look at example.com and www.example.com differently. When a preferred domain is selected, we will automatically forward traffic from one to the other. This helps maintain consistent links for visitors and can improve your search engine ranking.
Set your Preferred Domain
- Login to your Control Panel at https://www.misk.com/cp/
- Click on your Domain Name
- Under Essentials in the top area, click Website
- Scroll down to the Preferred Domain section
- Select your preferred setting within the drop down. It will be automatically saved.
Options / Recommendation
Select between: Both - Not Selected, example.com, or www.example.com as the preferred domain. We will automatically forward traffic to your selected preferred domain. We recommend using the www version of your name. It is the most common and provides more flexibility in record types.
Using our Preferred Domain feature allows you to ensure all search engines (Google, Bing, etc.) recognize your preference. Nothing else is needed. Google also allows you to set the preferred domain via their webmaster tools.
CNAME / Nameserver (NS)
These record types cannot be used on the base domain (example.com) version of your domain. They must be used on the www version or another subdomain.