Trademark registrations provide you with legal protections both online and off, which will help you protect your brand name and misuse by competitors or other parties.
The following links point to the trademark offices of various countries. These web sites offer free online trademark searches as well as instructions on trademark registration.
The links below provide additional information on trademarks:
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office - Legal definitions, filing for a trademark and the differences between trademarks, service marks, copyrights and patents.
- Cornell Law - 'Law About... Trademark' - Contains much of the information listed in the previous link; easier to understand.
- International Trademark Association - Information about trademarks on an international level.
- WIPO - World Intellectual Property Organization - Resource for domain name disputes regarding trademark / copyright infringement, etc...
- Wikipedia: Intellectual Property Organizations - More information about Intellectual Property Organizations.