Domain Essentials can be used with any domain name registered with any company. The name does not have to be registered with us. The name can also be any domain extension including those we don't directly provide registration for.
Step 1 - Purchase Essentials
Purchase a new package to be used on the domain. If you already have an unassigned Essentials package, skip to step 2.
- Go to https://www.misk.com/essentials/
- Click the Add to Cart link under Existing Domain
- Follow the checkout process and pay for your order to complete the process
- You'll receive an email once the order is processed
Step 2 - Change Nameservers
To use Essentials, the domain's nameservers need to point to us.
- Contact your registrar (can be viewed within the domain's whois, https://www.misk.com/tools/#whois)
- Have them change your nameservers to the following:
Step 3 - Assign Essentials
After pointing the nameservers, the Essentials can be assigned to the domain.
- Login to your Control Panel at https://www.misk.com/cp/
- Scroll down to the Unattached Essentials Packages section and click Assign Domain
- Enter the domain name in the text field
- Click Assign
Tip: Transfer the registration to Misk.com
If your domain's extension is supported for domain registration by us, in addition to using our Essentials on the name, you can have us handle your domain registration as well. You can initiate a transfer of your domain's registration into Misk.com, through our Domain Transfer Page.